[youtube width="580" height="390"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwWgHEXlTfM[/youtube]
Hello everyone. I’m very excited to announce that I’m entering the Survive the Blog contest. Not knowing exactly how everything works half the time and taking a long time to figure things out properly (after which I usually have it all down pat. Better getting it right than doing it halfway eh?), this is what I understand will happen.
- From the entrants, 10 bloggers will be chosen to join. The criteria is stiff as you have to share etc and seems it may depend on your reach. Having said that I have compensated for that. More below!
- The ten chosen bloggers will be divided into 5 team members each and will receive a blog to work on.
- The contest will run for ten weeks (because of ten bloggers, dunno…).
- Each week the lowest ranking blog will be the losers and will have to vote off a member of their team, reducing the teams effectiveness and reach (and more work for the others).
- The last blogger standing will receive the blog they worked on to keep and win big wad of prize cash (and probably some other stuff).
Why do I want to enter?
Well, the official statement is below, but between you and me, I’m doing it for selfish reasons (shhh).
- I’m launching a new blogsite (this one!), and having my entry pasted onto the WBB blog is a good, valuable start to the blog.
- I want my face all over the blogosphere. I’ve been managing to have a fair bit of success with this through vlogging on my flagship blog and mainatining the same standard (maybe even better) on blogs I guest post on.
- I’ll be using my influence and blogging power, not only to promote my new blog (as mentioned above), but also the amazing social blogging platform Blogengage (which I adopted at the beginning of the month as one of my many projects).
- I love blogging and if I can hone my skills on a project like this – all the better.
To the official statements.
Why should I be considered to enter the competition?
Well, as per the video above, the reasons are (and not intending to brag here). I was fortunate enough to grow my blog:
- To have an Alexa rank +- 80,000.
- A PR rating of 4.
- Multi authors writing for my blog ( and hopefully they’re happy – (I think they are?).
I’ve managed to do this in just about ten months.
Other reasons why I should be considered?
- I’m hungry for success.
- Everyone knows my slogan in business: ‘You gotta hustle to make your dreams happen!’
- Professionalism, a strong work ethic, and a thorough knowledge of WordPress and social media.
- I am 100% a team player.
I’ve been a fan and LOVED Survivor since its inception, so I came up with some additional ideas to promote the contest while it’s happening (this is what I meant earlier when I mentioned any shortfall I may have).
- To add to the reality feel this contest should have, I will be vlogging throughout the entire competition. And these vlogs are not going to be as sparkly and HD as my usual videos. Nope, their going to be grimy and gritty. You’ll see my hair twined in frustration, bags and rings under my eyes, my tired face etc. Real reality the way it should be portrayed (especially in this contest). I’m going to do record the vlog at the end of the day, to make it really grimy. Like it?
- I’ve set up a Twitter account specifically for this contest. To this account will be fed the We Blog Better Blog, the competition blog I’ll be part of (if I’m accepted of course) and the vlog itself (It already has +-91 followers
Big ups to Keisha and the team from WBB for coming up with a refreshing and original contest that I think will change the face of blogging and blogging contests forever.
TO THE SPONSORS! (please check my greeting at the end?)
Ileane – Blogging Tips
Thesis Skinsby ThesisAwesome.com
Learn How to blogat FamousBloggers.net
Brian Clark – CopyBlogger.com
Hector Cuevas – Blog Marketing Tips
Jane Sheeba – Successful Blogging
Bryan – Host with Support
Brian – Blog Engage
Devesh – Blokube
Ana Hoffman – Internet Marketing Tools
Andy Bailey – CommentLuv
Marcko – The Traffic Blogger
Mike Jackness – Best Online Storage
Aidy – Writing
David Leonhardt – Blog Writer
FansBridge.com – How to Market on Facebook
Sonny – Best WordPress Themes
Jacob Share – Group Writing Projects
John Border – Learn how to invest
Customer Paradigm – Magento Developer
Wilderness Aware Rafting – Colorado White Water Rafting
What do you think of my reasons for entering? And the reasons why I should be considered a contestant? Are they legitimate? Self centered? Those of you who know me, do you think I’ll cut it? Do you like my vlog idea? (I think it’s cool, if I must say so myself). Please share this post EVERYWHERE?
What can you expect from my new blog?
[Hold onto your seats].
- I will be giving away free stuff in the first month of this blogs existence. Almost daily. These will not be your normal run-off-the-mill crap you get from free sites. This will be top and prime quality online marketing/blogging and business development ebooks, software, scripts and products. Don’t miss out on these. Better sign up for my blog feed and watch for my updates. Check out Blogengage for new posts or however the hell you can TRY and keep up. Your head will spin.
- Ever wanted to know your favorite bloggers better? I am working on securing audio podcast interviews with some of my best friends and acquaintances who I will interview, like: Asking Kristy Hines about the current social media war and what that means for bloggers. Asking Brian Belfit how the hell he got his site an Alexa rank of +- 7000 (Global?). Asking Hesham where he started with his little Thesis empire and what can we look forward to in the future. Asking Stephane ‘Dukeo’ Kerwer how the hell he thought of marketing his blog with caricatures and give us some tips o0n how to approach the big dogs. Asking Zac Johnson how he find time for niche sites, flipping websites and managing several authority blogs on blogging. Do you know what Wong ‘BadBlogger’ and ExtremeJohn have in common that causes their success and do you have the balls to do the same? Don’t you want to know all these things? I do, and I’m gonna find it all out for you.
How will you know when I have a new giveaway?
Well, you can check here everyday, you could sign up for my blog feed or you could sign up below (for instant notification – of course)
Those are just two of the TONS of ideas I have to give you, my (fans?) the utmost value and make sure you never leave here again (or have a leave of absence).Click here to hire me.
Want your own blog? Here’s 3 free setup videos.
Go hustle and make your dreams happen!